VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CHARLESTON CHEF!
It’s the battle of the Charleston Chefs! Four distinguished Charleston chefs are competing for the opportunity to conduct the Charleston Symphony at the Sunset Serenade free concert, Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:00 pm at the US Custom House on East Bay Street, sponsored by the City of Charleston as the kick-off to the Piccolo Spoleto Festival.
Only one can win – who will it be?
Cast your vote today to turn your favorite Charleston Chef into a Maestro! Votes are $5 each.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE (coming soon!)
- Owner/Pitmaster/Chef of four Swig & Swine barbecue joints in SC
- Son of a butcher who’s dedicated his life to food and family
- Naval Cook in 1990 who joined Charleston’s exploding restaurant scene
- Voted “Best Barbecue in Charleston” by Eater, Post & Courier, Charleston City Paper
- Authored fourteen cookbooks that began the New Southern Cooking movement. First cookbook writer inducted into the South Carolina Academy of Authors
- Four James Beards Awards including Who’s Who in American Cooking
- 2013 Named Woman of the Year by French Master Chefs of America
- Founding President of Charleston Wine + Food Festival
- Chef/Partner of FIG Restaurant and The Ordinary
- 2009 won James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef
- Nominated by James Beard Foundation for Outstanding Wine Program 2014-2016
- Voted “Best Restaurant in Charleston” in Charleston City Paper
- Executive Chef of Charleston Grill
- Creator of food that celebrates Southern roots and global palates
- Blends the best of the Lowcountry bounty to celebrate Charleston’s rich history
- Cooking philosophy: “Use what’s in season, fresh and sprinkle it with love”