The Corporation is organized and shall operate exclusively as a nonprofit corporation to support the Charleston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. (CSO) through music education programs, audience development and financial assistance. In pursuit of its purpose, the Corporation shall be authorized to engage in activities including but not limited to:
- Scholarships for talented young musicians and orchestra members;
- Music appreciation through outreach programs in the school and community;
- Fund raising projects to benefit the annual budget and endowment;
- Sponsoring orchestra and chamber group concerts in the Tri-County Area; and
- Any and all lawful activities necessary or incident to the forgoing purposes, except limited in the Corporation’s Articles of Incorporation.
The purpose of the Charleston Symphony Orchestra League, Inc. shall be to support the Charleston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. (CSO) through music education programs, audience development and to provide financial assistance through fund raising projects.